What is “personal information”?
“Personal information” is any information about an identifiable individual or that permits an individual’s identity to be deduced. “Personal information” might include, your name, address, telephone number, age, gender, family and marital status, credit rating, credit card information, identification numbers (e.g. driver’s license number), and information about your assets and liabilities or your purchase patterns and preferences.
Why do we collect personal information from you?We collect personal information from you in order to:
- Process retail transactions in the ordinary course of our business;
- Process and track returns and exchanges of merchandise and to detect and protect against error or fraud as part of our loss prevention program;
- Respond to your questions and provide you with information about our products, services, and promotional activities;
- From time to time, we may request and obtain your consent to collect and use your contact information, which could include your name, address, and/or e-mail address, in order to provide you with periodic newsletters or updates, special promotions regarding our products and services;
- When you contact us with a complaint or an inquiry, you may volunteer or we may ask you for information that identifies you (for instance, your name, address or phone number) and any other information we may need in order for us to respond promptly to your complaint or inquiry;
- When you complete the “Contact Us” box on our Sites, you may provide information that identifies you (for instance, your name, email address or phone number) and any other information you consider we may need in order for us to respond promptly to your complaint or inquiry;
- When you complete the “Subscription” box on our Sites, you may provide information that identifies you (for instance, your name and email address) in order for us to send you news, updates and promotions by email;
- When you apply to us for employment, you may be required to provide certain personal information so that we may assess your qualifications.
Updating your information
Since we use your personal information to provide services to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If, during the course of our relationship with you, any of your information changes, please contact us, at the Contact Us address, to inform us of that change so that we can continue to provide you with our services.